reset password
HuanXue
Posted 00:12 Oct 21, 2010 |

I know it's ridiculous, but I really don't know....

When we say pass a course, the grade should be 'C-' and above, or  'C' and above, or 'B-' and above, or  'B' and above?

>_<

Last edited by HuanXue at 00:12 Oct 21, 2010.
HuanXue
Posted 02:18 Oct 21, 2010 |

By the way, you haven't created the upload field for hw3, Dr Sun.

cysun
Posted 08:05 Oct 21, 2010 |
HuanXue wrote:

I know it's ridiculous, but I really don't know....

When we say pass a course, the grade should be 'C-' and above, or  'C' and above, or 'B-' and above, or  'B' and above?

>_<

This should be a question for Dr. Pamula in the Advisement Forum, but I'll try to answer it to the best  of my knowledge:

1. C and above are passing grades; C- and anything below C- are failing grades. If you fail a core (i.e. required) course, you have to repeat it. You don't have to repeat a failed elective, but of course it will affect your GPA.

And FYI, CS422 is an elective.

2. Graduate students who take prerequisite courses must get B or above in the prerequisite courses. I'm not sure about this requirement - it's not in the CS Graduate Student Handbook, but it could be a University requirement. You can double check this with Dr. Pamula.

3. Graduate students also need to keep their GPA above 3.0 (i.e. B). If your GPA dips below 3.0 and you can't bring it back up in 2 quarters, you'll be disqualified from the program.

4. The department chair has considerable power to waive some requirements. If you are in a difficult situation, talk to Dr. Pamula.

cysun
Posted 08:08 Oct 21, 2010 |
HuanXue wrote:

By the way, you haven't created the upload field for hw3, Dr Sun.

It's there now. I usually wait until the last assignment is past due before creating the next one. When there are multiple assignments open, sometimes some students upload to the wrong assignment.

HuanXue
Posted 10:32 Oct 21, 2010 |

Yes, I'm confusing about that we need B to pass prerequisit course and only need C to pass core course.

But I'm not asking about our real program. It's my fault. I should express it more specific.

So in the hw3 5.6 c), passing 'Calculus 1' means getting a C or above in 'Calculus 1' right? Got it.