reset password
mbuisin
Posted 20:45 Oct 19, 2010 |

In the handbook and major requirements section, we're required to take the senior design class 491A and 491B. But I've seen on the hallway notices and the quarterly planner that these are replaced by a 3-course series, 496ABC, which seem we can only take sequentially starting the Fall quarter. Does this mean that if we fall behind in completing the prerequisites, we'll fall behind another year? If so, would it be possible to take prerequisites concurrently so we don't fall behind?

rpamula
Posted 13:27 Oct 21, 2010 |
mbuisin wrote:

In the handbook and major requirements section, we're required to take the senior design class 491A and 491B. But I've seen on the hallway notices and the quarterly planner that these are replaced by a 3-course series, 496ABC, which seem we can only take sequentially starting the Fall quarter. Does this mean that if we fall behind in completing the prerequisites, we'll fall behind another year? If so, would it be possible to take prerequisites concurrently so we don't fall behind?

If the planning is done right, you should not fall behind.

You have to take the CS496ABC in sequence Fall/Winter/Spring. I will consider on a case by case basis to determine if you can take a pre-requisite at the same time as CS496A.