reset password
alomo
Posted 10:36 Apr 29, 2010 |

After committing a few files, I am getting the following error:

Transaction is out of date
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: While preparing 'C:\cs520\workspace\csns\web\WEB-INF\jsp\wiki.jsp' for commit
svn: Out of date: '/csns/trunk/build.xml' in transaction '3-1'

It is not clear to me what exactly caused this error. Any advice?

cysun
Posted 10:57 Apr 29, 2010 |

Try doing an update, then commit again.

alomo
Posted 11:27 Apr 29, 2010 |
cysun wrote:

Try doing an update, then commit again.

After doing Update to HEAD, a lot of extra symbols and text appeared in the build.xml file causing the syntax error. Removing these symbols fixed the syntax errors, but it didn't make the commit word. It was telling in the Eclipse console that the conflict with build.xml file remains.

For now, I just copied the project to another computer and committed it with no error.

cysun
Posted 14:55 Apr 29, 2010 |

You probably committed some changes to build.xml on another computer.

This is actually a fairly common scenario when you have more than one person on a development team. For example, if both developer A and B changed a file and developer A committed first, then developer B's commit will fail.

In your case (and the case of developer B), after updating and manually fixing the conflicting changes, you need to inform Subversion that the conflict has been resolved. In Eclipse, right click the file, select Team -> Mark Resolved, and then you can commit again.

alomo
Posted 15:29 Apr 29, 2010 |
cysun wrote:

You probably committed some changes to build.xml on another computer.

This is actually a fairly common scenario when you have more than one person on a development team. For example, if both developer A and B changed a file and developer A committed first, then developer B's commit will fail.

In your case (and the case of developer B), after updating and manually fixing the conflicting changes, you need to inform Subversion that the conflict has been resolved. In Eclipse, right click the file, select Team -> Mark Resolved, and then you can commit again.

It's good to know about that kind of situation. I did the Mark Resolved - it works now. Thank you!