reset password
trivedidr
Posted 18:58 Apr 27, 2010 |

Hi, as discussed in class about discussion page of wiki. 

Discussion page is spacial kind of wiki page, right? Which have many section.

so, should we compare it with csns.model.forum.post and topic combination or just like different posts for topic into this Discussion page of wiki?

thank you.

cysun
Posted 19:48 Apr 27, 2010 |
trivedidr wrote:

Hi, as discussed in class about discussion page of wiki. 

Discussion page is spacial kind of wiki page, right? Which have many section.

That's how MediaWiki implements discussion area, but it is not how you should implement it.

so, should we compare it with csns.model.forum.post and topic combination or just like different posts for topic into this Discussion page of wiki?

I don't know what you are asking here. As said in the assignment, the discussion area should be implemented as a set of forum topics.

trivedidr
Posted 23:01 Apr 27, 2010 |

hi,

My question is:

if the discussion of the wiki should be implemented on a general page of topic or on the wiki page/content?

rahulajit
Posted 23:25 Apr 27, 2010 |

According to the requirements, in CSNS Wiki, the discussion area should be implemented as a set of topics in a special forum called Wiki Discussion. What I understand from it is that discussion area will contain topics under the forum called Wiki Discussion just like CS520 forum with various topics under it.  So for the model class in homework 3, we should implement it as a set of topics.

Last edited by rahulajit at 23:33 Apr 27, 2010.
cysun
Posted 07:54 Apr 28, 2010 |
trivedidr wrote:

hi,

My question is:

if the discussion of the wiki should be implemented on a general page of topic or on the wiki page/content?

Each wiki page should have its own discussion area. rahulajit's explanation above is correct.