reset password
hibbol
Posted 14:08 Apr 21, 2010 |

Do we need a link to create a wiki page? How can we get to the create page from the default page? Just need to type a path?

cysun
Posted 14:29 Apr 21, 2010 |
hibbol wrote:

Do we need a link to create a wiki page?

For this assignment, no (because otherwise you'll need a different form that allows the user to enter the path and so on).

How can we get to the create page from the default page? Just need to type a path?

Yes.

Last edited by cysun at 14:29 Apr 21, 2010.
rahulajit
Posted 14:48 Apr 21, 2010 |

If I understood your question right, you don't need a link to create a wiki page. If a uri of the kind '/content/somepage' is requested, then the appropriate servlet/jsp should be invoked which allows you to create the page '/content/somepage'. Normally, you would get a 'page not found' error when you request for a page that doesn't exist, but in this homework you will have to configure your application in such a way that the servlet/jsp to create a page is invoked.

Rahul Ajit.

cysun
Posted 14:53 Apr 21, 2010 |
rahulajit wrote:

If I understood your question right, you don't need a link to create a wiki page. If a uri of the kind '/content/somepage' is requested, then the appropriate servlet/jsp should be invoked which allows you to create the page '/content/somepage'. Normally, you would get a 'page not found' error when you request for a page that doesn't exist, but in this homework you will have to configure your application in such a way that the servlet/jsp to create a page is invoked.

Rahul Ajit.

That's correct. Note that it's still possible to get a 404 error. For example, suppose that your wiki pages are under /content/*, then a request to /content/somepage should lead to the CreatePage page (assuming somepage doesn't exist), while /somepage will lead to a 404 error.

hibbol
Posted 15:26 Apr 21, 2010 |

I got it. Thanks.

Here is another question.

If you click on Revisions link, there is a list of Revisions. Each revision link has all different path?

Suppose you created /content/Default and you have 3 revisions and you created /content/foo and you have 2 revisions. If you click on Revisions link, you can see all revision lists including /content/Default and /content/foo of the wiki page you created?

cysun
Posted 17:00 Apr 21, 2010 |
hibbol wrote:

I got it. Thanks.

Here is another question.

If you click on Revisions link, there is a list of Revisions. Each revision link has all different path?

Suppose you created /content/Default and you have 3 revisions and you created /content/foo and you have 2 revisions. If you click on Revisions link, you can see all revision lists including /content/Default and /content/foo of the wiki page you created?

No, you should only see the revisions of the page being displayed. For example, if you click on Revisions on the Default page, you should see the 3 revisions of the Default page, and if you click on Revisions on the Foo page, you should see the 2 revisions of Foo.