reset password
sunitha
Posted 22:19 Apr 12, 2010 |

Hello Professor,

In HW-1,   Instead of committing only the modified files,  by mistake I committed all the files. I would like to remove all the unncessary files and keep only modified files in the repository. How can I do that?

cysun
Posted 07:46 Apr 13, 2010 |

Normally you can simply delete the files from the working copy then commit, but using Eclipse makes it a little complicated because you can't just delete the files created by Eclipse (e.g. .project), and also Eclipse or the build script will automatically recreate some files when they are deleted (e.g. /build). So the simplest way is to delete the unwanted files in the repository, delete the local copy of the project, then check out the project again.

To delete files in the repository, select the files in the SVN Repositories view, right click, then select Delete.

To delete the local copy of the project, select the project name in the Package Explorer view, right click, then select Delete.

sunitha
Posted 08:04 Apr 13, 2010 |

Thank you Professor.

Yesterday when i googled, i found Tortoise SVN GUI tool. I installed it and checked out the module in a different location using Tortoise SVN and deleted all the unnecessary files and committed back. In this way i got rid of all the unnecessary files from the repository. I again updated the files in Eclipse using Subeclipse to see whether i got rid of correct files and everything seems ok. Is this ok?

cysun
Posted 08:14 Apr 13, 2010 |
sunitha wrote:

Thank you Professor.

Yesterday when i googled, i found Tortoise SVN GUI tool. I installed it and checked out the module in a different location using Tortoise SVN and deleted all the unnecessary files and committed back. In this way i got rid of all the unnecessary files from the repository. I again updated the files in Eclipse using Subeclipse to see whether i got rid of correct files and everything seems ok. Is this ok?

Well, if it works then it's OK. I was afraid that if you removed the Eclipse-created files in the repository then update, it would remove those files in your working copy and cause problems, but I guess Eclipse automatically recreate them or something.