reset password
sunaina
Posted 15:06 Apr 08, 2010 |

I am able to get the welcome page in the web browser in Eclipse but instead of the welcome message there is a run time error message (Please see attached). Also, I couldn't login using ixxxx/sxxxx.

Please help.

Thanks.

cysun
Posted 15:50 Apr 08, 2010 |

Most likely it's caused by incorrect database username or password. You can verify this by checking the exception message in the log file.

If it's a username/password problem, do the following:

1. Check if the username and password in build.properties are correct. In particular, make sure that there are no trailing whitespace characters.

2. Delete web.xml and csns-*.xml under web/WEB-INF.

3. Refresh the project and run it again.

pratyush
Posted 15:52 Apr 08, 2010 |

If i m not wrong, it seems you have a problem connecting to the database. Check your database name. Also check the log file to find the problem. 

mithawala
Posted 16:24 Apr 08, 2010 |

I was facing same kind of problem.

Following are the steps i followed to resolved the problem.

1. change the build.properties file as follows. (Chose your folder path)

file.base.dir=D:/MSCS/CS-520/csns/files
log.dir=D:/MSCS/CS-520/csns

2. Change username and password in the following section.

db.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/csns
db.username=cs520stu31
db.password=

3. save the file and refresh the project.

4. Use ant builder to build the CSNS Ant Builder.

5. Refresh the project and run the project.

It might able to solve the problem.

sunaina
Posted 20:02 Apr 08, 2010 |

Thanks for the help.

I got it!

CS320stu08
Posted 04:19 Apr 10, 2010 |
Hi Sunaina,
                    I have the exact same problem as yours. I am able to get the welcome page but with the error notice. Can you please tell me how did you fixed it in detail. We are using the same password as the one given by Dr. Sun for cs3 server in the build properties right.

Thanks.

sunaina
Posted 10:05 Apr 10, 2010 |

Hi ??,

Actually I used my local postgresql db username and password. I did it as follows:

1.Register another server than "postgres" in pgadmin.

2. Log in to the above created server and create a database "csns". Execute the "csns-create.sql" and "csns-test-insert.sql" script to make sure that the table is populated correctly.

3.  Give this server's / role's username and password in the "build.properties".

Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Thanks.

hibbol
Posted 01:21 Apr 12, 2010 |

I tried to add another server in pgAdmin but I can't do it other than postgres. An error has occured and password authentication failed.

It seems to work only with "postgres"

How should I do adding a user as cs520stuxx?

Last edited by hibbol at 01:23 Apr 12, 2010.
sunaina
Posted 09:20 Apr 12, 2010 |

Hi,

Try adding another server with name: cs520stuxx and maintenance database same as "postgres". In the username field give the same username and password as for postgres login.

Once u login then create another database and role as well.

Change cs520stuxx properties to login with the other maintenance database (the one u created) and new role (username/password u chose while creating the new role).

These changes will be effective the next time u try connecting after disconnecting.

Hopefully this will resolve your problem.

Good luck!