reset password
e.laverdi
Posted 08:26 Nov 11, 2009 |

So... I decided to start hw5 early and be a good cs520 student knowing that more time was spent trying to get eclipse to run, rather than coding on the last hw assignment. Yet eclipse manages to screw up my day again. My project was running fine during my jQuery midterm presentaion.

Now it generates this error without any details other than this:

Could not rename C:\Users\Administrator\Eclipse Workspace\csns\web\WEB-INF\web.xml to C:\Users\Administrator\Eclipse Workspace\csns\web\WEB-INF\web.xml.svntmp

Attached is the screenshot

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have all day to work on project and would not like to waste it figuring out how to get eclipse to run.

Attachments:
Last edited by e.laverdi at 08:28 Nov 11, 2009.
cysun
Posted 08:57 Nov 11, 2009 |

/web/WEB-INF/web.xml and /web/WEB-INF/csns-*.xml should not be version controlled - see your own HW1 answers for why.

I noticed that version controlling these files has been the cause of some weird problems for several people. The reason is that these files are repeated deleted and replaced by the build script, and because Ant is external to Eclipse, SVN cannot keep track of these changes thus gets confused. The solution is simple: do not version controll these files.

To fix your problem, try refreshing the project, delete these files in Eclipse, commit the changes (so that they are deleted in the repository as well), then run the project again.

e.laverdi
Posted 09:22 Nov 11, 2009 |

Thank you. That did it. I have never been so happy to see a 404 error as I am now. Now it generates new error. Ill try deleting server project > clean > refresh until it hopefully works.

Attached is error.

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener etc

Attachments:
Last edited by e.laverdi at 09:23 Nov 11, 2009.
e.laverdi
Posted 10:37 Nov 11, 2009 |

Finally after 1.5 hours of refreshing - cleaning - deleting process it finally worked.