reset password
ashoush
Posted 01:44 Nov 03, 2009 |

Dear Dr. Sun,

I have a few questions regarding the UI:

1- Should the online assigments be available in "student" area too?

2- When an instructor is viewing an Online Assignment, should he/she be able to add new question or it must be locked once it is created at the first place?

3- Should the questions be editable once they are created?

4- If our UI looks like current CSNS UI, is it enought to get the extra 20% points or we need to make it more fancy (extra color, graphics, etc.)?

Last edited by ashoush at 01:46 Nov 03, 2009.
cysun
Posted 07:44 Nov 03, 2009 |

1. Eventually assignments need to be available in the student interface so the students can complete them, however, the functionality/interface of completing an assignment is different from creating, viewing, or editing an assignment. In this homework you do not need to implement that.

2. As I said several times, viewing an assignment and editing an assignment are two different functionality, so you must implement them using two different controllers/views (though they may share very similar code). In this homework you do not need to implement assignment editing.

3. Again, you do not need to implement editing in this homework.

4. You need to do better than current CSNS UI to get extra credit. Also note that a) it's "up to 20%", not 20%, and b) "better" does not necessarily mean "fancier". In particular, a well-designed UI should require the least amount of effort from the users to understand it and to use it, i.e. the users should not need to read a manual to figure out the UI, and performing an operation should require as few mouse clicks and/or key strokes as possible.

ashoush
Posted 11:22 Nov 03, 2009 |

Thank you Dr. Sun.