reset password
cysun
Posted 14:58 Oct 04, 2009 |

Major Components

1. CSMS and advanced user management. (mbhatt)

2. Online assignments. (cysun)

3. Document management. (cysun)

4. UI components using Flex.

5. Wiki. (cysun)

Non-trivial Features

1. Email management.

2. Generate class grades based on some kind of curve. (Will implement using Flex)

3. CS337 design project and CS437 group project listings; a listing of "demo-able" projects.

4. Front page news items.

5. Search forums by topic instead of by post.

6. Online assignments - statistics and diagrams.

7. QA engine - include images in question descriptions.

8. Improve the grading UI of online assignments.

9. QA engine - allow limited editing after a question sheet is published/closed.

10. Swtich to CKEditor.

Minor Features and Bug Fixes

28. NullPointerException at Line 83 of SkillEvaluationController. It probably has something to do with having a SkillEvaluation for a student who dropped the class.

27. Remove Save button from anonymous surveys.

26. Add an option to allow the students to view their online submissions after due date.

25. Add a Save button to doOnlineAssignment.

24. There seems to be a bug in the regexp matching code in EmailTemplate.replaceTokens().

23. Typo on the front page.

22. The columns of a skill evaluation table should be sortable. (not worth the trouble)

21. QA engine - allow an "other + input" option in choice questions.

20. Display survey/section description with response summary. (not a good idea)

19. Investigate some input error when copy&paste text from Word.

18. QA engine - show choice index. (not really necessary)

17. Order students by first name.

16. Online assignments - allow editing part of the assignment (e.g. assignment, section, and question descriptions) after the assignment is published. (same as non-trivial feature #9)

15. News - the author of the news should be subscribed to the discussion thread.

14. Online assignments - hide Auto Grade link until after the due date.

13. Update commons-validator.

12. Online assignments - show aggregated results.

11. Online assignments - allow file upload for long text answers.

10. Online assignments - enter standard solutions for text/rating questions.

9. Find a good and consistent way for entering date and time.

8. Email survey respondents (like emailing students in a class).

7. Front page shows the latest three messages from the Announcments forum. (Not a good idea)

6. Skill evaluation should be accessible to ROLE_INSTRUCTOR instead of ROLE_FACULTY.

5. replyToTopic page should show the first message of the topic (or the whole topic in a iframe like what phpBB does).

4. Forum showTopic should show the last page of a topic if the topic has multiple pages of replies. (No easy way to do with Displaytag)

3. Auto detect IE7 and 8 for properly displaying the top menu.

2. Retrieve older versions of a file.

1. Student name should be shown on the uploadAdditionalFiles page.

Last edited by cysun at 14:34 Sep 08, 2010.
nshatok
Posted 23:56 Feb 04, 2010 |

I have been using csns for a couple of years but  just noticed -  there is a typo in index.html  welcome page : Welcome to CS Netowork Services

cysun
Posted 09:24 Feb 10, 2010 |
nshatok wrote:

I have been using csns for a couple of years but  just noticed -  there is a typo in index.html  welcome page : Welcome to CS Netowork Services

Thanks for letting me know. I'll fix it soon.

hpguo
Posted 19:16 May 21, 2010 |

I often get late email submissions. Sometimes, I'd like to accept such submissions but I prefer to uploading such submissions to CSNS without extending the due date for all students. It would be great if instructors can upload submissions for some student after an assignment is due.

Thanks.

cysun
Posted 19:53 May 21, 2010 |
hpguo wrote:

I often get late email submissions. Sometimes, I'd like to accept such submissions but I prefer to uploading such submissions to CSNS without extending the due date for all students. It would be great if instructors can upload submissions for some student after an assignment is due.

Thanks.

You can already do that. In the gradeSubmission page there's a link "Upload Additional Files" which you can use to upload files at any time without restrictions.

alomo
Posted 22:15 Apr 09, 2011 |

It is about displaying oversize images in the posts. Take a look:

http://csns.calstatela.edu/forum/viewTopic.html?topicId=3933813

Some automatic image shrinkage is required.

cysun
Posted 22:31 Apr 09, 2011 |
alomo wrote:

It is about displaying oversize images in the posts. Take a look:

http://csns.calstatela.edu/forum/viewTopic.html?topicId=3933813

Some automatic image shrinkage is required.

It's a common problem for web forums that use a fix-width layout. Personally I think it's not a big deal.

Auto image shrinkage is difficult to implement in CSNS because there's no way to tell whether an image is used in the forums or somewhere else (they all share the same image upload/download/display code). And there are other ways to break the layout, so shrinking images is not going to solve the problem anyway.