reset password
trivedidr
Posted 19:01 Sep 30, 2009 |

Erorr while log-in

Attachments:
xieguahu
Posted 19:46 Sep 30, 2009 |

what username and password did you put.  They should be the same, like username: i0001, passowrd: i0001

cysun
Posted 19:54 Sep 30, 2009 |

Also check the log file and see if it's a database connection problem.

jadiagaurang
Posted 08:58 Oct 01, 2009 |

Hello trivedidr,

As Guanhua mentioned that you need to have same user id and password. For example; Username: i0001 and Password: i0001 and as Dr. Sun mentioned that you need to check your build.xml file for correct connection information, like name of database, username and password for PostgreSQL. I believe that you should check that which sql file did you insert in your database. You should insert "csns-test-insert.sql" because there is one other insert file in db folder. I wish you will solve this error. Good luck... Innocent

PS: I am not in this class this quarter but I was in Spring 2009. Smile

trivedidr
Posted 10:51 Oct 01, 2009 |

I tried. But there is the problem in database.

Bcoz I already created and inserted but still it shows me empty table.

When I insert the data i was inserted .

but tale shows empty. when i checked with the query "Select *  from users;"

cysun
Posted 12:11 Oct 01, 2009 |
trivedidr wrote:

I tried. But there is the problem in database.

Bcoz I already created and inserted but still it shows me empty table.

When I insert the data i was inserted .

but tale shows empty. when i checked with the query "Select *  from users;"

If you can't get the insert script to work, please come by my office hours (and bring your laptop with you).

melon_tech
Posted 13:10 Oct 01, 2009 |
jadiagaurang wrote:

Hello trivedidr,

As Guanhua mentioned that you need to have same user id and password. For example; Username: i0001 and Password: i0001 and as Dr. Sun mentioned that you need to check your build.xml file for correct connection information, like name of database, username and password for PostgreSQL. I believe that you should check that which sql file did you insert in your database. You should insert "csns-test-insert.sql" because there is one other insert file in db folder. I wish you will solve this error. Good luck... Innocent

PS: I am not in this class this quarter but I was in Spring 2009. Smile

Hi jadiagaurang,

I also have same log in error problem. I have changed "db.username" and "db.password" in "build.properties" page according to postgreSQL in my setup. but I still have log in error  when run on server. do i need to commit my changes to server and run again?

Thanks.

cysun
Posted 14:31 Oct 01, 2009 |
melon_tech wrote:

I also have same log in error problem. I have changed "db.username" and "db.password" in "build.properties" page according to postgreSQL in my setup. but I still have log in error  when run on server. do i need to commit my changes to server and run again?

Thanks.

You don't need to commit the change to the server (in fact, build.properties should not be put under version control). You may need to do the following if you modified build.properties after you encountered the login error:

1. Stop the server
  2. Delete the files started with "csns-" under web/WEB-INF
  3. Refresh the project
  4. Run the project again
melon_tech
Posted 19:18 Oct 01, 2009 |
cysun wrote:
melon_tech wrote:

Thanks.

You don't need to commit the change to the server (in fact, build.properties should not be put under version control). You may need to do the following if you modified build.properties after you encountered the login error:

1. Stop the server
  2. Delete the files started with "csns-" under web/WEB-INF
  3. Refresh the project
  4. Run the project again

Thank you. After, follow your steps and it works.

trivedidr
Posted 22:44 Oct 01, 2009 |

Thank you, Dr. Sun !!! Laughing 

I've solved my this error.

Thank you.