reset password
CertainAffinity
Posted 07:43 Sep 30, 2009 |

Specs:
HP-Pavilion a6212n
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2140  @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
2038MB RAM

I've been having several problems vieiwing the online lectures in various web browsers.

• Firefox 3.5.3:  There is no version of the ActiveX for this browser, so I skip the download.  Playback of the video is fine, but when new slides are supposed to show, Firefox opens a blank tab for each new slide that gives an error message on how The play area has not been initialized. (see attachment)
  • IE8:  The reverse happens.  I can navigate the slides, but the video fails to play.  Compatibility View does not resolve the issue.
  • Chrome fails to show both.

Is there a workaround?  I feel like I am missing half the lecture either way. kthxbai.

Attachments:
wilcoholic
Posted 00:46 Oct 07, 2009 |

That is odd, Firefox doesn't work for me either, but IE8 should work just fine. Make sure its completely updated and make sure to run the addon it asks to run. If that doesn't work just move some settings around, experiment with it.

rpamula
Posted 23:43 Oct 18, 2010 |
wilcoholic wrote:

That is odd, Firefox doesn't work for me either, but IE8 should work just fine. Make sure its completely updated and make sure to run the addon it asks to run. If that doesn't work just move some settings around, experiment with it.

Firefox requires additional plug-ins. IE seems to work fine.