reset password
PoonamPawar
Posted 22:58 Jul 20, 2009 |

Pls. find attached the solution for Question 10.

Attachments:
Last edited by PoonamPawar at 07:54 Jul 21, 2009.
HelloWorld
Posted 21:16 Jul 26, 2009 |
PoonamPawar wrote:

I'm wondering though for cfactor, what defines a connected pages? does it have to have the connection in that order? or it's just connected to one another.. page {P1, P2, P3, P7} are connected, just not in that sequence..

and i don't understand on why Ep for the structured evidence pair is 0??? it says that it's because of the degree of ignorance is 0, how so?

Last edited by HelloWorld at 21:33 Jul 26, 2009.
PoonamPawar
Posted 21:36 Jul 26, 2009 |
HelloWorld wrote:
PoonamPawar wrote:

I'm wondering though for cfactor, what defines a connected pages? does it have to have the connection in that order? or it's just connected to one another.. page {P1, P2, P3, P7} are connected, just not in that sequence..

cfactor = 1 if the graphical presentation for the pages in the item
set is connected, which means that minimum one direct
hyperlink must exist between every pair of pages in the item set;
cfactor = 0 otherwise;

So,I have considered pages in ordered. means for 1,2,3,7 there should be atleast 1 direct hyperlink between 1-2,2-3,3-7.

But, there is no direct link from 2-3 & 3-7.

therefore cfactor = 0.

I need to confirm this from Dr.Sun.

Plz correct me if i am wrong.

& also you can check this paper.

http://maya.cs.depaul.edu/~mobasher/itwp03/papers/itwp03-07.pdf

This paper also explains support logic.

Last edited by PoonamPawar at 21:37 Jul 26, 2009.
HelloWorld
Posted 21:39 Jul 26, 2009 |

cfactor = 0 otherwise;

So,I have considered pages in ordered. means for 1,2,3,7 there should be atleast 1 direct hyperlink between 1-2,2-3,3-7.

therefore cfactor = 0.

well actually.. there is a link between 7-3.. but i'm wondering if it counted as a link between 3-7? obviosly, there's no way 2 and 3 are connected direclty in this case..

can you answer my second question?

I'm basically confused.. like the first part, the Usage Evidence pair is = [En, Ep] = [SRC, SRC].. I got that part, the second one.. The Structure Evidence Pair is [En, Ep], where En = lfactor * cfactor, and i don't know how do you get Ep? you said something about degree ignorance, but how do you know if it's 0?

thanks!

Last edited by HelloWorld at 21:41 Jul 26, 2009.
PoonamPawar
Posted 22:01 Jul 26, 2009 |
HelloWorld wrote:

cfactor = 0 otherwise;

therefore cfactor = 0.

well actually.. there is a link between 7-3.. but i'm wondering if it counted as a link between 3-7? obviosly, there's no way 2 and 3 are connected direclty in this case..

I'm basically confused.. like the first part, the Usage Evidence pair is = [En, Ep] = [SRC, SRC].. I got that part, the second one.. The Structure Evidence Pair is [En, Ep], where En = lfactor * cfactor, and i don't know how do you get Ep? you said something about degree ignorance, but how do you know if it's 0?

thanks!

In the paper, It's mentioned that, for structure evidence pair, en=ep means degree of ignorance = 0.

So, here en= o therefore,ep=0.

HelloWorld
Posted 22:04 Jul 26, 2009 |
PoonamPawar wrote:
HelloWorld wrote:

cfactor = 0 otherwise;

therefore cfactor = 0.

thanks!

In the paper, It's mentioned that, for structure evidence pair, en=ep means degree of ignorance = 0.

So, here en= o therefore,ep=0.

well.. hold on, you don't know if en and ep are equal at the first place or not? unless if you looked at the en and ep from the usage evidence pair?