reset password
cysun
Posted 17:48 May 28, 2009 |

I didn't specify how the blog entry page should look like, but I do expect it to look reasonable. In other words, it should at least display the title, content, author, and timestamp of the entry, and content, author, timestamp for each comment. And in general, I don't ask your GUI to be pretty, but it should be informative and functional.

When editing a blog entry or comment, a user should be able to delete or add attachments. See the implementation of forum post editing.

I have spent quite a while trying to debug the FTS query problem mentioned in here and here. So far there's no definitive solution and it looks like a problem with the Spring or Hibernate library. If you encounter this problem, replace the query with a simpler one that does not cause the exception. I will not deduct any points no matter what query you put in there, but I do expect the rest of the FTS implement, e.g. tsv column, index, user interface etc., to be in place.

And more clarifications.

Last edited by cysun at 17:49 May 28, 2009.
abhijeet_ubale
Posted 07:28 May 29, 2009 |
cysun wrote:

I didn't specify how the blog entry page should look like, but I do expect it to look reasonable. In other words, it should at least display the title, content, author, and timestamp of the entry, and content, author, timestamp for each comment. And in general, I don't ask your GUI to be pretty, but it should be informative and functional.

When editing a blog entry or comment, a user should be able to delete or add attachments. See the implementation of forum post editing.

I have spent quite a while trying to debug the FTS query problem mentioned in here and here. So far there's no definitive solution and it looks like a problem with the Spring or Hibernate library. If you encounter this problem, replace the query with a simpler one that does not cause the exception. I will not deduct any points no matter what query you put in there, but I do expect the rest of the FTS implement, e.g. tsv column, index, user interface etc., to be in place.

And more clarifications.

Prof. Sun,

Is it mandatory that we follow the approach of creating a TSV column, Edit/Insert Trigger for the FTS Search? I have used PostGreSQL's FTS, without creating the TSV column. Is that ok? Thanks.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Last edited by abhijeet_ubale at 07:28 May 29, 2009.
cysun
Posted 07:33 May 29, 2009 |
abhijeet_ubale wrote:
cysun wrote:

And more clarifications.

Prof. Sun,

Is it mandatory that we follow the approach of creating a TSV column, Edit/Insert Trigger for the FTS Search? I have used PostGreSQL's FTS, without creating the TSV column. Is that ok? Thanks.

Regards,

Abhijeet

It's OK not to have a tsv column, but then you'll need a function index (an index built on the results of applying a function to a column(s) instead of on the column(s) itself), e.g. something like "gin(to_tsvector(title || ' ' || content))". Basically no matter how you do it, an index must be used when a user does a full text search.

abhijeet_ubale
Posted 16:18 May 29, 2009 |
cysun wrote:
abhijeet_ubale wrote:
cysun wrote:

And more clarifications.

Prof. Sun,

Regards,

Abhijeet

It's OK not to have a tsv column, but then you'll need a function index (an index built on the results of applying a function to a column(s) instead of on the column(s) itself), e.g. something like "gin(to_tsvector(title || ' ' || content))". Basically no matter how you do it, an index must be used when a user does a full text search.

Last edited by abhijeet_ubale at 16:22 May 29, 2009.