reset password
abhijeet_ubale
Posted 21:24 Apr 19, 2009 |

Hello Prof. Sun,

Would you be able to suggest some features that we add to our homework 3 so that we are eligible for extra credit too going ahead? Thank you.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Last edited by abhijeet_ubale at 21:28 Apr 19, 2009.
Urvashi
Posted 21:46 Apr 19, 2009 |
abhijeet_ubale wrote:

Hello Prof. Sun,

Would you be able to suggest some features that we add to our homework 3 so that we are eligible for extra credit too going ahead? Thank you.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Will extra credit count in the final grade ? it wasn't mentioned in the homework descriptions ....

PoonamPawar
Posted 21:48 Apr 19, 2009 |
abhijeet_ubale wrote:

Hello Prof. Sun,

Regards,

Abhijeet

Yes, I would like to know too if we could add features besides the homework requirements to get extra credit.

Thanks.

Last edited by PoonamPawar at 21:49 Apr 19, 2009.
jadiagaurang
Posted 22:03 Apr 19, 2009 |
abhijeet_ubale wrote:

Hello Prof. Sun,

Regards,

Abhijeet

I was going through few free blog provider like Blogger, LiveJournal and WordPress. I was thinking to imitate few important and useful feature of them on my homework model. It may be useful to make CSNS Blogs as above mentioned Blog Engines.

It would be great if Dr. Sun give extra credit to students, who model more feature apart from original requirements on HomeWork 3.

Last edited by jadiagaurang at 22:38 Apr 19, 2009.
cysun
Posted 22:15 Apr 19, 2009 |

There's no extra credit for HW3, but I'll give out some extra credit exercises in future assignments.

You should NOT expect to receive extra credit for features that are not specified in the assignments. If you want to do more, feel free to do so, but you may not be rewarded with extra credit. The reason is that I can't grade 35 submissions where each implements a different set of features.

Extra credit counts the same as regular credit.

kjadhav
Posted 22:32 Apr 19, 2009 |

If we get less in some assignment will the extra credit in next assignments cover those lost grades? Next time will try my best if this is true. I also missed some extra credit questions on weekend as Internet was not accessible to me at that time. My pure bad luck LOL.

vishalmohite
Posted 22:36 Apr 19, 2009 |

So does that mean, no one will get extra credit unless and until it is mentioned in the assignment beforehand?

I think this will be good as everyone will get extra credit only by their ability and not by luck

Last edited by vishalmohite at 22:55 Apr 19, 2009.
cysun
Posted 22:36 Apr 19, 2009 |
kjadhav wrote:

If we get less in some assignment will the extra credit in next assignments cover those lost grades? [...]

Yes. Like I said, extra credit counts the same as regular credit.

cysun
Posted 22:42 Apr 19, 2009 |
vishalmohite wrote:

So does that mean, no one will get extra credit unless and until it is mentioned in the assignment beforehand?

[...]

Yes.

Last edited by cysun at 22:53 Apr 19, 2009.
cysun
Posted 22:48 Apr 19, 2009 |
vishalmohite wrote:

I think this will be good as everyone will get extra credit only by their ability and not by luck

You need to edit your post - click on the "HTML" button to edit the source directly. Remove the stuff inside <!-- --> - it messes up the display in IE 7.

Last edited by cysun at 22:51 Apr 19, 2009.