reset password
Urvashi
Posted 16:36 Apr 10, 2009 |

Hello Prof,

When i try to access a jsp page consisting of instructor's blog, i get the following error

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/Tag

Is it something related to the placement of the jar files ?

cysun
Posted 16:57 Apr 10, 2009 |

You need standard.jar and jstl.jar in WebContent/WEB-INF/lib to use JSTL. You can get the jar files either from the "review" sample application or from Jarkata Taglibs website.

Urvashi
Posted 17:02 Apr 10, 2009 |
cysun wrote:

You need standard.jar and jstl.jar in WebContent/WEB-INF/lib to use JSTL. You can get the jar files either from the "review" sample application or from Jarkata Taglibs website.

I have both these jar files in WebContent/WEB-INF/lib folder of my project. Still doesn't work.

cysun
Posted 17:37 Apr 10, 2009 |

The missing class, javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.Tag, is in the jsp-api.jar, which should be automatically included in the classpath when you create a Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse. I'd suggest you recreate the project and try again.

Urvashi
Posted 18:12 Apr 10, 2009 |
cysun wrote:

The missing class, javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.Tag, is in the jsp-api.jar, which should be automatically included in the classpath when you create a Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse. I'd suggest you recreate the project and try again.

Thank you ! it works now Smile