reset password
PoonamPawar
Posted 11:09 Apr 06, 2009 |

I wanted to confirm the content of the zip file. For now, I have the following in my zip file:
 - web (excludes .svn, docs and tiny_mce)
 - src
 - conf
 - build.xml

Size of the zip file is 415 KB.

Is there anything else that needs to be included in the zip file? Thanks.

Attachments:
cysun
Posted 13:28 Apr 06, 2009 |

I can't answer this question because it'd be like grading your homework before you submit it. I don't mind other students sharing their opinions though.

jberney
Posted 07:26 Apr 07, 2009 |

The directions aren't crystal clear, but it's my opinion that you're omitting a little too much.

I see this zip as something that might be posted on the project's website to allow developers access to the project's source code without granting them read access to the project's SVN repository. A good example of this kind of distribution is the download system provided by Sourceforge. As such, you'd want to include everything that:

1. Could not be generated from the included files
  2. Could not be obtained from some other source (i.e. don't include third-party JAR libraries)
If you were to go by these guidelines, then there a few files/directories that should be included in the zip that you haven't included. I think the idea is to include only as much as is needed to build the full project. So you want to ask yourself, "with what's in this zip file, could someone wind up with the complete project?" Just my perspective!
Last edited by jberney at 07:38 Apr 07, 2009.
PoonamPawar
Posted 07:49 Apr 07, 2009 |
jberney wrote:

The directions aren't crystal clear, but it's my opinion that you're omitting a little too much.

I see this zip as something that might be posted on the project's website to allow developers access to the project's source code without granting them read access to the project's SVN repository. A good example of this kind of distribution is the download system provided by Sourceforge. As such, you'd want to include everything that:

1. Could not be generated from the included files
  2. Could not be obtained from some other source (i.e. don't include third-party JAR libraries)
If you were to go by these guidelines, then there a few files/directories that should be included in the zip that you haven't included. I think the idea is to include only as much as is needed to build the full project. So you want to ask yourself, "with what's in this zip file, could someone wind up with the complete project?" Just my perspective!

Other folder that I thought of that should be included in the zip was "db", considering that the Table structures/Stored procedures change. Any thoughts?

jberney
Posted 15:25 Apr 07, 2009 |

(Not sure if I'm allowed to answer that question so specifically)