reset password
dhavalpatels
Posted 05:12 Apr 05, 2009 |

I am having trouble in login at localhost. I am using i0001 as a username and password. But still unable to login.

Here, I am attaching following files. (I don't get any errors on console)

1:> login page

2:> Build.properties settings

3:> csns logFile [Highlighted the error which shows that password authentication failed for user 'csns' but there is no such user created.]

4:> pgAdmin3. Created roles in database.

It's working for cs3.calstatela.edu. But don't know what is the problem locally.

Last edited by dhavalpatels at 05:15 Apr 05, 2009.
cysun
Posted 06:51 Apr 05, 2009 |

Your build.properties shows that the username for the database is "dhaval", but the error in the log file shows that it tried to connect to the database server using the username "csns". That's kind of odd. Try the following and see if it works:

1. Delete csns-data.xml under /web/WEB-INf.

2. Refresh the project.

3. Run As -> Run on Server.

dhavalpatels
Posted 13:29 Apr 05, 2009 |

Thank you professor. It's working perfectly.

But I have a question that,

1:> If I change anything to build.properties, it should also affect to csns-data.xml file.Right? Then why it wasn't rebuilding csns-data.xml after change to build.properties.

cysun
Posted 14:20 Apr 05, 2009 |
dhavalpatels wrote:

[...]

1:> If I change anything to build.properties, it should also affect to csns-data.xml file.Right? Then why it wasn't rebuilding csns-data.xml after change to build.properties.

The build tool (i.e. Ant) doesn't know csns-data.xml depends on build.properties, so changes to build.properties won't cause csns-data.xml to be rebuilt.