reset password
ansuya
Posted 12:32 Apr 03, 2009 |

I am having trouble with installing postgresql. I installed it before and it was working good then i uninstalled it completely from my system because of  some problem.Now I am not able to install it again.  "user name already exist " or "internal account lookup failure: no mapping between account names and security ID was done'

cysun
Posted 13:35 Apr 03, 2009 |
ansuya wrote:

I am having trouble with installing postgresql. I installed it before and it was working good then i uninstalled it completely from my system because of  some problem.Now I am not able to install it again.  "user name already exist " or "internal account lookup failure: no mapping between account names and security ID was done'

Go to Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users. Delete the user postgres and try installing again.

jadiagaurang
Posted 22:19 Apr 03, 2009 |

If you don't want to delete your postgres user (It is tricky to delete user in Windows Vista) then during installation you can use postgres as your Service Manager Account and provide correct password of postgres user. It should work. Becuase, I installed One Click Installer and then I unstalled it becuase instruction says that pgInstaller is better than One Click Installer. I faced same problem but I could not delect postgres user! So, I just provide postgres as username and admin as password. So far it is working good...

abhishek_sharma
Posted 22:24 Apr 03, 2009 |

download free version of AdvancedCareSystem from iobit.com and clean your registry file...

then youa can able to install posrtgreSQL in the same way as u installed last time