reset password
dhavalpatels
Posted 10:00 Apr 02, 2009 |

Hello all,

I am having trouble during creation of CSNS. Actually at first time, I entered the repository location svn://cs3.calstatela.edu/cs520/so9/<username> and I got the copy csns project. I followed the steps from the video. But at the end, due to some problems I needed to delete the local copy of csns project. I deleted it and the project at the repository location on the CS3 server also get deleted. So now my repository location contains nothing right now. Cry

I have tried to retrieve the initial imported version but somehow didn't work too.

How to deal with it? I have attached the screenshot of current status of my repository location at CS3 server.

Thank you,

Dhaval Patel

Attachments:
cysun
Posted 10:11 Apr 02, 2009 |
dhavalpatels wrote:

I have tried to retrieve the initial imported version but somehow didn't work too

How did you "tried to retrieve the initial imported version"? Try the following:

1. Right click on the repository -> Check out..., uncheck Check out HEAD revision, select the earliest revision to check out, and you should get the initial version.

2. Commit it back in.

3. Delete the local project.

4. Check out again, but this time only trunk, i.e. not the whole repository.

Wrong information. See my next post.

Last edited by cysun at 10:18 Apr 02, 2009.
cysun
Posted 10:34 Apr 02, 2009 |

1. In SVN Repository Exploring Perspetive, right click on the repository -> Check out... (leave everything to default) -> Finish.

2. In Select a wizard, select General - Project, Next, give the project a name, then Finish.

3. Right click on the project, slect Team -> Merge... .

4. In the Merge screen, under "From:", check Merge from HEAD revision; under "To:", select Revision 1, click Merge.

5. Commit the project back to the repository, and your repository should be restored to the initial version.

6. Delete the project.

7. Check out the project again, but this time only the trunk folder (i.e. not the whole repository), and check it out as a Dynamic Web Project (i.e. not a General project).

Last edited by cysun at 10:34 Apr 02, 2009.
dhavalpatels
Posted 12:06 Apr 02, 2009 |

Thank you Professor.It has been solved. So I guess what I have understood is

1:> Created a dummy project without csns files.

2:> Merge the initial version with the version in dummy project.

3:> Store it into the repository.

Is it right? If so, then why can't we directly checkout the initial version of csns as you have replied before? Even I did the same at first time.

Now, I have setup everything including the Ant Builder setting (As shown in Ant_Builder_Setting.jpg file).

But still its showing error on web.(As shown in After_setting_Ant_Builder.jpg)

Thank you,

Dhaval Patel

cysun
Posted 12:33 Apr 02, 2009 |
dhavalpatels wrote:

Thank you Professor.It has been solved. So I guess what I have understood is

1:> Created a dummy project without csns files.

2:> Merge the initial version with the version in dummy project.

3:> Store it into the repository.

Is it right? If so, then why can't we directly checkout the initial version of csns as you have replied before? Even I did the same at first time.

It's not really a "dummy project" - it's the real project at current revision. Merging current revision to revision 1 basically revert the project back to the original.

Checking out an earlier revision then commit it back in doesn't work for two reasons:

a) Version control systems keep track of where a working copy come from. If it comes from revision 1, the system would try to commit the changes (if any) back to revision 1 instead of the HEAD (i.e. current) revision, and

b) Committing to a older revision would fail. A simple way to explain this is that version control systems do not allow you to change history. The way we did was to create a new revision that was identical to an old one, but note that it's not undo previous revisions.

Now, I have setup everything including the Ant Builder setting (As shown in Ant_Builder_Setting.jpg file).

But still its showing error on web.(As shown in After_setting_Ant_Builder.jpg)

Thank you,

Dhaval Patel

You can ignored the Eclipse error signs on the web folder - it's false alarm by Eclipse JavaScript/JSP validators. If the error signs annoy you, you can disable JavaScript and/or JSP Syntax validation either in Preferences -> Validation or project -> Properties -> Validation.

Last edited by cysun at 12:34 Apr 02, 2009.
dhavalpatels
Posted 12:50 Apr 02, 2009 |

Thank you Professor. It helped a lot.

Last edited by dhavalpatels at 12:50 Apr 02, 2009.
behdinian
Posted 23:46 Apr 13, 2011 |

I tried to merge by following these instructions but my window merge has several options and I selected  "Merge a range of revisions" the only one that I could select revision 1; then for Committing the project back to the repository, my repository didn't restored  the initial version. The screen shot attached.

Attachments:
cysun
Posted 07:45 Apr 14, 2011 |
behdinian wrote:

I tried to merge by following these instructions but my window merge has several options and I selected  "Merge a range of revisions" the only one that I could select revision 1; then for Committing the project back to the repository, my repository didn't restored  the initial version. The screen shot attached.

You installed "CollabNet Merge Client". Uninstall it (Help -> About Eclipse -> Installation Details), restart Eclipse, then try again.